Saturday, 19 November 2011

Snow in Glasgow (sort of)...

I had a great day in Glasgow (thanx tour guides Kitty & Shona, driver Stuart & fellow tourist but ex-Scottish resident Gordon). I went to Kelvin Grove (not where I went to Uni but a museum that has the same name). There was a kangaroo & koala in the museum - got fotos. We had a picnic in the Kelvin Grove park (it was freezing but great & warm company) In Glasgow I saw where Brad Pitt filmed World War Z (movie out nxt yr). I saw amazing Christmas displays inside & outside shops. There were ppl everywhere. Looked like the scenes from movies in downtown New York. Except the buildings were way different. Ive developed a love of old stone buildings. Even if I hav no idea wot they r or why they were built - I just love seeing them - wich is probably a good thing considering the places Ive been. In the mall there were all sort of ppl singing (most of them shouldnt hav been), kids dancing (who shouldnt hav been either). But... I heard bagpipes being played VERY wel!! I walk quickly up to the corner & see 3 not unattractive young men playing the bagpipes, a base drum & kettle drums. They were amazing (Sean, Scott & Michael). I got their card, they play at wedding, parties, Burn's suppers & more. Wonder if they would come to Australia??? I was just going to stand at the side & get a photo with them in it but one of the drummers made me stand in the middle of the 3 of them. Of course I didnt say no :) Its a grand photo :)
So the snow... We r walking down Buchanan St & see this clear inflated ball. As we get closer we see its actually a giant snow globe that you can go inside & hav yor photo taken :) Gordon (Kitty & Donald's son) who had just arrived from Australia said he'd come in with me & Shona did aswel (altho a little reluctant). It was fantastic. Just little pieces of plastic you pushed ova a fan but it flew up like snow (locals say Im not going to see it fall in the time I hav left) :( But I had a snow fight again - no not quite the Swiss Alps experience but still fun!! I am a bit concerned about the plastic I've breathed in. Stil fun.
One more Scottish story... where do Scottish ppl put their fish, vodka cruisers and beer to cool down? If u think the fridge you would b wrong! Out on the back steps!!! I had to laugh - but it works :) Good times in Scotland :)

No comments:

Post a Comment