Sunday, 20 November 2011

Smashing good time in Stirling! Sadly no sunshine :(

I wrote this on the bus home afta another great day! So many great days in a row!! I managed to get from Ayr to Glasgow then had an hr to wait. Thank u Italy, I can now drink & love espresso coffee. Sadly u hav set the bar rather high for all my otha coffee experiences. The one I had this morning at the Glasgow bus station was not the best Ive tasted... but it gave me the kick start I needed.
It makes such a difference wen the ppl Im asking for help (multiple times) undastand English! This trip has inspired me to learn a language wen I come home. Ppl Ive met hav been fluent in between 5 & 8 languages!! I kno 1 :(
Anyway, I got to Stirling & then to the Wallace monument. Amazing!!! The only fully fine day Ivd had in Scotland was the last time Janette & I came to Stirling & saw the castle but didnt make it to the monument :( Not so lucky today... Todays fotos (like most my fotos from Scotland) r misty with grey skies. Still, I had an adventure... Time was short so I caught the courtesy bus up the hil - lovely driver (not as good as Rocco who all otha drivers wil b compared to). He was very chatty & didnt mind a photo :) I got my ticket to go inside & ran the 73 steps to the first floor & saw the William Wallace sword. Took lots of fotos. Then thort... I hav to go to the top so ran the remaining 170ish sreps, stopping on the otha 2 levels for fotos (60 in total). Then raced bac down just in time for Dave the driver to take me bac down the hil. He told me the quickest way to get bac to town - down anotha hil to a bus stop. It was getting close to wen I had to meet Kirsty (Simon's girlfriend) so I ran down that hill - it felt fantastic to b exercising again. I went into the William Wallace pub - all I wanted was a quick foto of the inside but just so happened to also get one with the bar tender (behind the bar) :) & stil made it to the bus in time to meet Kirsty. We had lunch with Si then hit the £1 shops looking for a bag for my xtra 10kgs of stuff to take home. Didn't find one but found some great stuff to help fil the 10 kg - not that I think that wil b a problem. Ive borrowed a bag from here til I get to London & can get another bag.
So Im in Ayr for my last night with the MacDonalds. :( Its been like coming 'home' afta my tours. Goodbyes to Shona & her family tonite then Kitty & Donald tomoro. I hate goodbyes!! I do love Scotland - even tho its rained for most of my time here. I wil miss the wonderful family Ive been staying with as I head home to my wonderful family (afta some adventures in London).

No comments:

Post a Comment