We arrive in Salzburg & need training how to get into our rooms - they even hav a life-size cut out door handle to demonstrate. Of course there were many (myself included) who listened but couldnt get in. The lady at reception wasnt exactly impressed having to let most of our tour group in. We hav a quiet Italian dinner & an early nite... Sound of music tour in the morning with the soundtrack & everything. I got excited wen I saw our local guide cause she looked like Mother Superior from the movie. Then things changed... no music & there were a few Sound of Music freaks (myself included) who knew more about the movie than she did. I wil start with the positives... We got to shake the gate the kids did at the Abbey wen they wanted Maria back. I got some great photos... We got to stand outside the rotunda where they sung U r 16 going on 17 & c the ouside of the place they sung before escaping ova the Alps. The movie is based on a true story (wich I didnt kno) & we got to learn heaps about the real Maria - went to where she got married :) So it wasnt all bad but it wasnt great. It was the worst fog we have had on tour so we couldnt see a few of the sites, we didnt go to as many places as I thort we wood & the guide loved the history of Salzburg & added facts about the Sound of Music - not the otha way round. It just wasnt wot I expected. But... we found a souvenir shop that had life size models of the family & lots of interesting stuff. So there were some great things.
The madness in Munich wil b in my nxt entry - bout to run out of wi-fi time.
No comments:
Post a Comment