Thursday, 24 November 2011

London.... my field if dreams!!!!!

What a day :) I organised a package of stuff to be shipped home (wel flown cause itll b there in 3 working days) so that means no excess baggage at the airport. I hav to thank the very kind man at the fedex branch who let me use his scales twice to check it wasnt ova 10kg - both times I needed to take stuff out. Got it to 9.98kg :) I also need to thank the guys at the internet cafe who assured me that wen I paid for another half hr of internet time I wouldnt disconnected from the lady at Parcel2go.com who I had been live chatting with for 45min wile filling in the order form. Everyone was very helpful. Now just praying it wasnt a scam & my parcel wil get home. The nice fedex man said parcel2go was a real company who he has worked with.

Then my evening... wel I ova shared my joy with random but connected strangers. I went and saw Driving Miss Daisy the play. I didnt realise that the actors were James Earl Jones & Vanessa Redgraves. Vanessa was sick wich didnt realy bother me... I was going to see James Earl Jones!!!!! Not quite Princess Anne excitement - but up there. They did a great job & of course wot do I do afta a show - yep found stage doors. A guy comes out & says James doesnt come down for autographs but he can take things up to b signed. I took a risk & sent my camera in with him. I was nervous but a guy said not to worry, Id just given my camera to Flynn Earl Jones :) yep James' son :)

During high school one of my favourite movies was Field of Dreams. James Earl Jones was in that & one of his big lines was... 'if u build it, he wil come' Wen I tjort James mite b coming down I thort it wood b cool to record him saying that. Wen talking to Flynn I found our he wasnt allowed. But.... He wrote it on the ticketnI sent up to be signed. Apparently he thort it was a little strange cause it wasnt in the play. I didnt care!!! Plus I did get my camera bac - with a foto :) HOW GOOD IS THAT!! So the sharing - wen I got to the train station there were a few ppl who had been at stage doors with me. I shared wot he'd written. The girls were young-ish so probably not born wen the movie came out so didnt share my excitement.

The nite was not ova yet... I had to change trains at Piccadilly Circus station. As soon as I get off the train I hear bagpipes - I love bagpipes :) not only that... He wss playing jingle bells. Yep... Christmas carols on the bagpipe. The noise was coming from down some stairs wich normally wouldnt b cause for concern - except on my way to the theatre I got off at Covent Gardens station & they had a sign saying their were 193 steps to the nxt platform. I thort... I can do stairs :) it was a struggle but I managed to do it without stopping & managed to ovatake one person :)  I thort Id reached the top cause the spiral stairs came to a landing, I turned the corner... more stairs. Not many so I let out a sigh, sucked it up & kept going.
So u can see why I wasnt rushing to go down stairs to find the bagpipes. But he was playing Christmas carols... sucked it up again & went down the steps. Not to many :) got video & a foto of him playing & of course a foto of me & him. I was pumped wen I got bac to the hotel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment