Our tour finished in Munich but had no official 'last dinner'. A group of us decided to go into the city and go to the Hofbrauhaus - the place I went before the tour started. We opened it up to anyone and 21 out of the 46 people on tour came. It was a fantastic night, but of course not without 'interesting' happenings. We said to meet in the lobby at 6.30 so we could see who wanted to come. With such a group there, the ladies at reception very kindly offered us a free shuttle as we needed to get to the train station at the airport. Only 18 fitted in so myself and 2 others caught a taxi, the last words being said... we will meet you at the station... Not specific enough!!! The station is at the airport so there are many MANY places they could have been. After half an hour of looking, we think they must have gone in so we go to the platform. All of a sudden one of the group yells out and comes flying down the platform so we are a whole group again. 'Challenging times'... In Munich, they have deals where you can buy a ticket for 5 people to travel together. When we finally get on the train, I give up the tour guide job and tell everyone that they are accountable to the 5 people they are sharing their ticket with. We eventually get into the city we head through the town to the pub. Of course someone had to direct the group and having spent the past 18 days with tour guides, I used them as mentors and took up the job again to lead the group to the pub - via a few wrong turns, but they didn't know it and I had help from others who had been to the pub also. So just over 2 hours after we leave the hotel we have ordered food and drinks - they have 1 litre jugs of beer - a number of people from our group ordered these. Special mention needs to go to Rich who finished 2 litres and was able to function all evening. We had fantastic staff looking after us and the food was also amazing.
Back to Salzburg for a second... I found a music shop that had a little triangle so I bought it to go with the music book I mentioned a few posts ago.
They have a traditional German band playing and one of our group just so happened to have her triangle with her. So she whipped it out and posed for a photo with the band as they were playing. Then one of the band members gets her a chair and invites her up on stage to play. Very funny!
The next morning there were sad goodbyes and the tour was over. There is heaps to tell about all the things I did on the other tour. There were big gaps due to lack of internet access. I've had this massive smile on my face as I've been looking through the photos - that I couldn't load cause it took forever to get two up. They will be great to remind me of stories to share.
Both tours were EXTRAORDINARY!! I can recommend Cosmos as a tour company. It's not just for old people. There was a mixture of ages, singles and couples on both tours. Both tour guides were fantastic. They make a big difference to the experience and I think I had two of the best!! Have I mentioned I love travelling? I can see more tours in the future - look out Cosmos...
No comments:
Post a Comment