I got a wonderful call from home this morning from my Dad letting me know he hadn't seen any blog update since Saturday and just wanted to make sure I'm ok. Yep I'm fine :) Janette and I have been to 6 countries in 15 days and driven 1384 miles. Not a bad effort. We have arrived in London safe and sound (just a bit tired).
Wales was great - stayed in Bangor. As our host served breakfast she said, 'oh, look at that, the first snow of the season'. How cool (ha ha) is that. I've never seen snow in real life. I'm happy to say now I have, but this looked more like a grey mist on the top of the hill not the snowflakes or hills covered in white. A few people think that I will see it properly for sure before I leave :) I'll be getting more thermals considering I'm wearing 2 layers of pants & up to 4 layers of tops & am warm (but it's going to get colder)
Our 2nd last b&b was the best b&b - in York! Lovely hosts, not stuffy room, top sheet on bed, renovated bathroom & a hard bed with soft top cover (my personal favourite). We didn't see any hills or grand old dukes, but did walk around the wall of the city. As we walked along the Ouse River :) we saw the French version of F1-11 fly over (not as good & no dump & burn) & 4 spitfires in formation. Very exciting. And we saw grey squirels :) as we get excited & are taking photos, we are told they are pests, dig up gardens and kill the native red squirels (but they are still cute).
We went to Sherwood Forest (no Kevin Costner) :( but I did get a photo in a Robin Hood hat in the woods :) Sadly I cant connect my usb to upload photos - I'll get some photos up soon. We stopped at Stratford-upon-Avon & saw the Shakesphere monument & a lovely river.
Our last b&b was in Oxford. At a farm stay. Wasn't the best experience, but we got to see an airforce helicopter (that could have been flown by Wil) fly low over the property & drive down a lovely country road.
So... we are safe and sound in the Ibis Earls Court London. We got the train from Oxford to Paddington (where Paddington bear was dropped off & how he got his name - I didn't know that). Anyway, caught a cab from the station to the hotel & have taken it easy for the evening.
Thanks for the call Dad, it was great speaking to you and Mum :) Love you heaps.
No comments:
Post a Comment