Monday, 17 October 2011

Lifeboats are to the right side of the ship

Hello from somewhere between Ireland and Wales. We are on an Irish Ferry out in the ocean. It is a miracle we are here. Our boat got cancelled due to extreme weather conditions. Not the best thing to hear as we are settling into our seat in the lounge. BUT... the lady at the guest house we stayed in told us it would take about an hour to get to the terminal. It actually took 15 min but the boat we were leaving on left 45 min earlier than ours was going to. If we hadn't left when we did, we would have missed the boat.

There are white caps on the big waves out the window but the boat has stabilisers that are supposed to be helping. There has only been one shameful moment when I stood up as the boat rocked and I almost fell into Janette. There are still a number of hours left of this journey - most of which I will be sitting down.

The weather has turned bad again. I think if I expect it to be raining then if it isn't it'll be a nice surprise.

Dublin was great - the little we saw of it. A tip for anyone planning a driving holiday around the UK. Plan to spend more than one night in bigger towns. We are loving this experience, but being on the go every day does get a big exhausting. I'm really looking forward to London where I can leave my shampoo in the shower and my pjs under my pillow (it's the simple things...). Still loving this experience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment