So much has happened & it all blurs into a ball of great memories...
I've left Janette in the room to pack her bags as we leave for our tour at 6.50am tomorrow. That is VERY early for us. Considering we have had a number of breakfasts at 9.45 (the breakfast seating is from 6am - 10am). Today was such a lazy day, we wrote postcards, stayed inside (it was cold & wet out) so it's been hard to get motivated to pack. I'm almost done, she hadn't started when I left.
Last night we went to Jersey Boys. It was wonderful. We got cheap tickets the day before but had really good seats. It's my plan to see a number of shows that way when I come back to London in November. I already have tickets to Wicked, but will go each day and see what I could see that night. I'm hoping to see the stage show of Driving Miss Daisy. I love that movie & I know the actor who plays Miss Daisy. Very exciting. Janette & I had seen The Lion King the night before. Not bad - 2 shows in 2 nights. I was blown away by the costumes in The Lion King. It was brilliant. Yes, I could see it again. There were so many things to look at. The kid next to me knew all the words to every song & enjoyed singing them. He was German, didn't understand English (cause I tried to speak to him) yet he could sing every word in perfect English. He also had a cold & didn't cover his mouth when he coughed. Both Janette & I think we are coming down with a German cold. :(
Yesterday we did our own thing. I went to Westminster Abbey. It was beautiful. There were a number of times I had to fight tears as I listened to the commentary about who was buried there & the other important occassions that had taken place in the exact spot I was standing. Every hour they stop for prayer & I just so happened to be at the place where Will & Kate kneeled when the priest started to pray. I found out that no one had been buried there since 1920 & the Queen Mother is at the church at Windor castle - looks like I have to go back there!! I spent almost 3 hours just walking around soaking up the history. I could have gone to the room where Will & Harry waited before the wedding. The info lady said she could let me in if I wanted to pray. I was tempted. Of course I would have prayed once in there, but it wasn't the real reason I'd have gone into the room - so I didn't. :(
On Monday we went on a Windsor, Stonehenge & Bath tour. It was another big day - up early & on the coach. We started at Windor Castle. I walked where the Queen and Will & Harry walked. No photos are allowed anywhere inside so I asked the guards before doing this (and got a few weird looks, but mainly smiles), I touched the carpet in a few very important places. Where Harry had his 21st & where the Queen sits when she is hosting royal dinners. It was amazing. Our tour guide was a bit scary & told us we had one an a half hours to be back or the bus would leave without us - considering how long I spent in the Abbey - IT WAS NO WAY LONG ENOUGH! I'll definitely be going back cause we didn't even go into the chapel to find out that the Queen Mother is buried there.
Stonehenge was amazing - the weather got a bit blowy when we were there but the rock formations were incredible. I took lots of photos. They had this wine tasting in the gift shop. It was great. Mulled wine (that's what it sounded like - not sure of spelling or if I've heard right). It was really sweet & I could have stayed for a few more tastes if I wasn't scared of being left in the middle of no where near some massive rocks.
We continued on to Bath. Lots of very old rocks & a pool of green smelly water :) It was amazing to think that there were people walking in that place around the same time that Jesus was alive. The water is supposed to have magical powers for anyone who drinks or touches it. I can tell you it doesn't... well I might have wiped off the magic cause as soon as I took my fingers out of the water (for a photo op), I got out my anticeptic wipes and made sure my hands were clean - I suppose clean hands = magic gone.
I'd best go back up to the room & see if Janette needs any packing encouragement :) We head for Paris in the morning for 2 nights, Switzerland for 2 nights then to Italy for 4 nights. I'm sure most hotels will have some form of internet access so I'll do my best to blog when I can & try to find a place to post some photos. They don't have usb ports at the internet computers here. :( I've filled a 4GB card & am over half way through the 16GB card M & D gave me before I left. Lots of photos :)
No comments:
Post a Comment