Sunday, 9 October 2011

Edinburgh Castle

The castle is at the end of the Royal Mile which was great - lots of shops :) The history is amazing - we took those guided tours where you listen to headphones. It's important to remember you have headphones on when trying to speak to other people & keep your voice down cause the whole castle doesn't really want to know where I was going. I have video footage of a very attractive man dressed in a kilt with half of his face painted blue yelling FREEDOM!!!! My trip to the castle was great but.... when I play it back, he even sounds like Mel Gibson. I tried to upload it from my phone but the computer screen went the bad blue colour so am not going to risk it on someone elses computer. I will try for a photo. We used our first B&B voucher. It was an interesting start but as we have nothing to compare it to I can't make a judgement. An observation... our room was up 48 steps (all covered in tartan carpet) and we were greeted by a lovely lady wearing no shoes who shared all about her family, dogs and issues with her husband. The bed was firm but good but they didn't have top sheets - not a fan of sleeping under a doona other people have slept under - she didn't seem to be the type who would strip the doona covers after each guest. Hoping I'm wrong. We went to the pub that Matt Gordon worked at when he was over here & Janette got to talk to a cook who remembered him.  On the train back from Edinburgh we were lucky enough to be sitting near 4 young Scottish men (all who had had too much to drink & were still drinking - they can eat and drink on the trains over here). They called it Oxfam Day - they bought dresses from 'charity shops' drank lots of alcohol, wore the clothes on trains & then donated them back to charity. Not sure how much truth there is in that, but it definitely made an interesting trip.
FREEDOM!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment