Saturday, 8 October 2011

A wee lassie from Scotland

We've arrived in Scotland and have been having a great time. We survived the cattle yards on the A380 Airbus. Sorry Dad - not a fan - well of economy anyway. It was very cramped. I slept for a few hours and watched Soul Surfer (great movie). We had an hour to get from terminal 1 to terminal 5 at Heathrow. NOT LONG ENOUGH. By the time we got there on the bus & through security we were the last 2 on the plane. The very kind man waited to close the flight. The drive from Glasgow to Ayr was breathtakingly beautiful. I've not see so much green (and sheep). The weather was quite cold & wet but I got a great jacket from a charity shop (wot they call 2nd hand shops). Janette wasn't so lucky - she got a high vis fluro yellow one with reflector stripes. Yes I do have photos as I'm sure most people wouldn't believe what I've written.  We've seen the Robert Burn's Cottage and monument, been to Stirling on a clear and sunny - but still cold day & caught up with my cousin & his girlfriend (arranging to stay with her parents in Devon when we are going to see the Doc Martin set in Cornwell). We've been to the outside of Stirling castle & seen the Wallace monument. I'll go in when I come back to Scotland at the end of my trip. We are off to Edinburgh today & spending the night in a B&B. It has been amazing staying with Kitty & Donald. There house is right on the waterfront with Arran & Holy islands just off the coast. Not that we have seen much of them due to the rain. I love Scotland. I can just feel the history & the countryside is beautiful. Looking forward to many more stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment