Thursday, 13 October 2011

Northern Ireland

We arrived safely in Belfast. Eurocar wouldn't let us take a sat nav because we were dropping the car back in England and they wouldn't let us take the gps off the island :( It has already lead to some 'interesting' experiences. I'm going to go into Harvey Norman to see if they can help me download UK maps to the gps I brought with me. The main roads are easy to navigate - all numbers. In towns, not so clear!! I'm sure we will survive. Janette is lowering her response time to... 'turn right NOW!'

After picking up the car we went north to the Giant's Causeway. An amazing experience. Stopped for a bite to eat at the Causeway Hotel - not such an amazing experience. Both of us ordered Irish Stew - first meal in Ireland and all. Mine was hot but had a hair in it. Janette's had no hair but was cold. Also the meal was mainly potato - I think I got 5 pieces of carrot and 4 pieces of meat. Still it all adds to the fun of an overseas trip :)

We stayed in the most amazing B&B last night. On a farm in an old school house. Janette got some amazing photos. And the breakfast this morning has wiped the bad Irish stew experience! The lady we are staying with has let me use her computer to try and download maps (no success) and she doesn't mind me checking facebook or writing my blog. I do miss access to the internet from my phone!

We are off to Galway today to see where my friend Claire sold drugs for a year (in a pharmacy). Sadly the shop isn't a chemist anymore but I'll still be able to see the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment