Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Catch ye Later Scotland

So the boys at the coffe shop at the airport tell me that's the way to say good bye in Scotland. Of course I'll be back in just over a month, but we are sitting down having a good coffee (or I'm just getting used to the bad stuff) at the Glasgow airport. We drove to Inverness yesterday (455 mile round trip) via Loch Lomond & Loch Ness (didn't see the monster but got a post card for my class & will tell them I did). The countryside was beautiful. Not that we saw much on the way up - way home a different story - the mountains came right up to the road & were massive. Janette drove our hire car. In Scotland it over doubles the cost of the car if you want an automatic. Janette was happy to drive & I was happy to navigate (with the help of the AA map and TomTom our GPS). We didn't get lost but there were a few 'challenging' moments at roundabouts - and the lady in our TomTom left us in our hour of need giving no help of when we needed to exit. The Scottish drivers were very kind & didn't beep or crash into us as we stop on a major roundabout outside Glasgow. Very wise to take out the car insurance.
Will write more when I can. Hope all is going well in Oz

No comments:

Post a Comment